Saturday, January 19, 2013

retro sketches 47

I was slightly shocked and amazed when I discovered that the sketch this week at retro sketches was based on a card that I made.  I mean, really, how cool is that?  Here's the sketch:



I pretty much followed the sketch except that I changed the placement of the sentiment and decided to add something a bit more interesting that I didn't have on my original card - a popped up flower.  The floral images are from the brand new Secret Garden stamp set.  I stamped a few flowers around the bordered sentiment and one flower on a separate piece of cardstock so that I could use the companion die to cut it out.  I added that flower on a dimenstional with a large rhinestone and I've got to say it looks a lot better in person than it looks here!

I had been looking for a good excuse to join the "Blue" challenge at CASology this week and this sketch seemed to fit the bill perfectly, so if  you were wondering why this card is all in blue and white, wonder no more!



Thanks so much for stopping by.  And don't forget to pop on over to retro sketches to check out the design team cards. They are fantastic, as usual!

15 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Amazing, Jen! And, what an honor that your card inspired the sketch! I can't wait to try out this sketch!

Rita W said...

How cool! I remember that awesome card and have noticed a few CASEs on the web. I'll definitely try to play along this week!

I LOVE your gorgeous blue creation. Those rhinestones are a bit LARGE, huh? I was going to try to signal aliens with mine. Ha!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card..as always.

sandie said...

Oh swooning!

How great they chose one of your cards for the sketch-congrats and this one is so clean and crisp, gorgeous!

Kim S said...

What an honor!! But I don't know why you would be surprised. I can't tell you how many of your cards that I have in my inspiration file!!

CASTOWNE said...

That's because the whole world recognizes your talents!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jen, the flowers are beautiful in blue. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Rosemary said...

a perfect example of CAS... bee.u.t.ful!!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Jen, this is a fabulous example of a CAS card featuring the cue word "blue!" (Love your sketch, too!) Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Meghan said...

What a great sketch! I saved it on my Pinterest board! Great blue and white card! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

Kelly said...

Stunning! I love the stamps you chose :)

Ardyth said...

Congrats on being picked as RS inspiration! Love the beautiful airiness of this cas card! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Jen!

Hofkissed said...

Gorgeous! Love the sketch and this CAS card. I certainly feel a CASE coming on. Thanks for the inspiration!

Meg said...

Just love this card - so simple and beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jen! Love the outlines in blue and that focal flower is a beauty. Of course it's not a surprise to the rest of us that your card was chosen!